Friday 15 April 2016

The Chanel SS16 makeup collection.


Chanel has launched their SS16 makeup collection titled 'L.A SUNRISE' here are some of the products that feature in the collection.


Farrell, D . (2016). IN REVIEW: CHANEL SPRING 2016 MAKEUP .Available: http://socialandpersonalweddings.ie/beauty/in-review-chanel-spring-2016-makeup/. Last accessed 16th March 2016.

Tavia . (2016). Chanel L.A. Sunrise Spring 2016 Collection. Available: http://chicprofile.com/chanel-l-a-sunrise-spring-2016-collection. Last accessed 16th March 2016.

HOVHANNISYAN, N . (2016). Chanel LA Sunrise Spring 2016 Makeup Collection. Available: http://www.fashionisers.com/perfumes-makeup/chanel-la-sunrise-spring-2016-makeup/. Last accessed 16th March 2016.

As you can see there are a lot of bright colours, such as the blush, the lipstick and the blues. The blue is a colour to be expected as this was featured a lot in their SS16 catwalk show.  These colours represent summer as they are bright and joyful colours, the blue background of the last image and the eyeshadow reminds me of the water and being by a poolside, corals and pinks are also often a big trend for spring/summer make up looks. The packaging of this collection is typical of Chanel. The brand has not changed the packaging for the collection which I think is nice as it is then recognisable as being from Chanel.


staff. (2016). chanel makeup spring 2016. Available: http://www.polyvore.com/chanel_makeup_spring_2016_la/set?id=180402217. Last accessed 16th March 2016.


staff. (2016). Spring 2016 Collection. Available: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/spring-2016-collection-140346. Last accessed 16th March 2016.
Here is an image used to advertise the collection. The background seems to be of a bright sky and the models hair seems to be blowing in the wind. The wind is something I would like to use in my own day look advertisement as I feel this is a nice touch. The skin looks flawless and glowy, the lighting has been used to showcase the skin as if the sun is hitting it. The styling of the model features colours from the collection with the scarf, I like this however this is not something I would like to use as I then think my advertisement would look too much like a copy of the existing collection. I like the brightness of the lips and the eyes, however this is not something I would have done as I feel they are both over powering and fighting for attention on the face although this has been done to showcase all of the products. I like the pose of the model, she seems to be relaxed and carefree which could be signifying the L.A lifestyle.
staff. (2016). Spring 2016 Collection. Available: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/spring-2016-collection-140346. Last accessed 16th March 2016.
Here is another image used to advertise the collection. I infer that this is the idea of the sunrise on the model when the sun is coming up as the photographer has probably used gels to create this orange/purple hued sky look. I like this however I do not think this image alone could sell the collection as you are focused on the lighting and not the product the image is selling the consumers.



Finally here is a video. This is a step by step guide to creating the 'L.A Sunrise look', the video informs the viewer about the products and how to use them. I really like this idea and think this is a very good way of Chanel linking to their audience and consumers. I think the final look was nice, however would not be something that I would personally go for. Taking inspiration from this I will advertise a bright lipstick and a blush that relates to the ones used in this video. I do not think I will use the blue liner as this is something I have touched on with my catwalk looks and feel that the Chanel products that stem from the catwalk shows are much more subtle.



No comments:

Post a Comment