Monday 11 April 2016

Planning my advertisements

In order to prepare for my advertisements I have drawn a diagram on how I would like the lighting to look.
I have gone for 'bounce lighting', this involves using reflector boards to bounce the light onto the model. We have learnt throughout our photography sessions that this is a good form of 'beauty lighting' to use. I want the skin to appear flawless and smooth and this is something this style of lighting will give me. Finally with the lighting I will be experimenting with gels to see if they give me a good effect, you can see where this will be placed from figure 2 on the diagram. 
Here is an example of this.
Staff. (2015). CHANEL BEAUTY ADVERTISEMENT SPRING/SUMMER 2015. Available: http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/brands/chanel-beauty/advertisements/2015/spring-summer/10364/monika-jagaciak-227834/. Last accessed 11th April 2016.

The background.
The background I have chosen will be plain white, this is because this will be the best to go for in  case I decide to cut out the model and place her on a different background. (This is something I will be doing with my night look advertisement as I want to place the model in front of the Eiffel Tower which is something I will only be able to achieve with editing the images. I will also go for this style background as I want to keep the day look very minimal and the focus of colour to be on the lipstick/blush I will be advertising.
Here is an example of the type of background I will be using.
Salma . (2012 ). Chanel Rouge Coco 2012 Ad Campaign. Available: https://salmaglamour.wordpress.com/tag/adv-campaign/. Last accessed 11th April 2016.

The post production.
For my night look advertisement I have decided to edit the model into the Eiffel Tower background, i want to do this as the image will be at night time and I want to create the appearance of the model going out, possibly meeting someone at night time at the Eiffel Tower. This I feel will reflect the brand as Chanel is French and will also tell a story like the advertisements for Chanel No.5 often do. The idea behind my design of going for the landmark is that the wearer of Chanel No.5 if often portrayed as being desirable and I feel that someone would be very lucky to have been taken to the Eiffel Tower at night as this is a very romantic landmark. 
Here is an example of the type of image I will use in the post production of my Chanel No.5 advertisement. 
Staff. (2015). Eiffel Tower At Night Wallpaper For Desktop. Available: http://7-themes.com/7001573-eiffel-tower-at-night-wallpaper-for-desktop.html. Last accessed 11th April 2016.

Staff. (2006). Photo: Eiffel Tower, Paris, illuminated at night. Available: http://photoeverywhere.co.uk/west/paris/slides/eiffel_tower_night3030.htm. Last accessed 11th April 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment