Monday 18 April 2016

Planning my editorial look: The styling.

I decided to go looking to source the clothing and accessories for my editorial looks. I wanted to focus on the whole image, and produce some full length pictures as I felt this would reflect a Chanel editorial the best. Keeping in mind that I need the styling to reflect SS16 the clothing would need to be able to be worn in the spring or summer, this meant that I did not want the clothing to be too heavy, however I still wanted to feature a tweed jacket or cardigan type items.
I also want to feature some sunglasses in the images as I feel this item reflects summer very well. I chose to buy them in white as this is a colour associated with the brand. Finally another item I was looking for would be pearls as they are highly associated with the brand Chanel.

I found a jacket for the first look and a cardigan for the second look. The jacket was tweed looking and was brown, beige with a hint of pink in it. This was perfect for the shoot as I was planning on having a pink background, this would be another element to make the pictures look congruent and from the same theme. With the cardigan it was white and black and not too heavy, an element that I wanted to incorporate as I was keeping in mind that the styling would still have to fit the SS16 brief. The shoes I found were silver, this is something I wanted to focus on as the existing SS16 Chanel collection on the runway featured a lot of silver and in particular silver shoes, this was something I wanted to recreate for my editorial looks to reflect the existing Chanel collection. With the dresses I wanted them to be simple and black, I also wanted them to be body con as I felt this would fit with the jackets better. Finally the dresses I purchased would be mid length and the model would have her legs out as this I feel would reflect that the clothing was for the warmer weather. I did not want the model to be head to toe in clothing such as the jackets and trousers as I felt this would not look very SS16.

Here are some Chanel styled images that I have gathered inspiration from for my own editorial shoots.

Bologna, D . (2016). Summer in Chanel. Available: http://www.dariobologna.com/portfolio/summer-in-chanel/. Last accessed 20th April 2016.
Here is a summer editorial by Chanel. I have taken inspiration from this with the jacket as the one I purchased was quite similar looking.

Staff. (2013). Chanel eyewear campaign 2013. Available: http://ftape.com/media/?p=59002. Last accessed 20th April 2016.
Here I have taken inspiration from this image for the sunglasses again the item I purchased was very similar looking to these sunglasses.

Michele, K . (2016). Chanel ad campain.. Available: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/341992165434927594/. Last accessed 20th April 2016.
Here is the existing Chanel SS16 editorial, the inspiration I have taken from this would be the silver shoes and the sunglasses. These are both something I will feature in my own recreation of the editorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment