Sunday 24 April 2016

Second editorial look.











Here are some unedited pictures from my second editorial shoot. I think this shoot was successful, however I do not like it as much as my first editorial shoot.
With this look I aimed to keep the background and lighting the same as my first editorial shoot as I felt this would make the images congruent and fitting with each other. With the makeup I went for the same base as the previous shoot, however this time I changed the lipstick to be a brighter colour.

What did I like about the images?
With this shoot the first thing I liked about these images would be the lighting, in particular I like the way it looks in the last image as I feel it gives the impression of the sun hitting the models face. I also like how the background and styling make both editorial looks congruent and as though they would fit and be seen in the same double page spread. Another thing I like about these pictures is that the models hair fits with the colour palette of the pink hued colours.

What do I not like about the images?
Firstly I do not like how you can see the reflection of the studio in the sunglasses, this is something that I can hopefully fix with editing, however it is slightly annoying and without editing it takes away from the picture. Another element I do not like about the images was some of the poses, not being a photographer and not having a professional model for the shoot hinders some of the pictures as it is often difficult to know what pose will suit the person the best in terms of angles.

What are my next steps?
My next steps would be to retouch the images and crop them to give them a better looking compilation. I will then add the Chanel name onto the image somewhere so that the viewer would know what brand the images had come from. Finally I will then put the images together as if they are on a double page spread in a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment