Saturday 9 April 2016

Catwalk look 1

Today I shot the final images for my first catwalk look. I set up the lighting as I had when I was testing lighting in the studio, the styling for my shoot was a plain t-shirt and a swede jacket, I felt as though this would fit with Chanel as an item of clothing that is always featured in their shows is a fitted jacket, usually these will be in black or different versions of tweed. In terms of the hair the styling was left simple, as was the hair styling for the actual SS16 show. My model unfortunately has short hair, so this was a little awkward to put into the style that I would have liked, however in the images I wanted to focus on the makeup, so this was not too much of an issue. As you can see from my designs and the images below the makeup featured a turquoise liner on the eyelid and silver glitter along the bottom waterline, I feel as if this would have fit in with the SS16 Chanel show as from my research the skin matte and there was a colour trend of blue and silver. I wanted to present my own take on the styling and therefore changed the colour to a turquoise, however this is still fitting with the overall trends of all of the SS16 shows.
With the images, I wanted to create the vision that the model has just come from backstage onto the runway and is about the walk down, therefore I tried to incorporate some props with the lights to give the impression that the area the model is in has been lit up and there are cameras flashing around her.
Here are the images I liked most from the shoot.




I like that everything is dark around the model, as this made her stand out. However on thing that I do not like about the images would be that you can not see the hair very well, although when looking at catwalk images the photographers often have the take a picture from the front and the back so that viewers get a look at the hair and the makeup so this issue is not something I am going to dwell on. I particularly like the bottom image as this was the look I was going for, I feel as though it looks as the image has been taken from  the side of the stage with the light in it. I believe my next step will be to re-touch the images and then see if I feel they are good enough to be my final catwalk images. Ideally I will take these once again, as I am still not overly happy with the outcome. I am finding taking the catwalk images a little difficult as I do not really know the type of poses or compilation that the images should have. I feel that although the model just looks as though she is standing there, this is what catwalk images often are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment