Sunday 27 March 2016

Testing lighting for my catwalk looks.







I took some time to go to the studios and test the lighting for my catwalk looks, I thought this would be a in my best interest as by going to test the lighting I would avoid the issues I had last time when I went to shoot a catwalk look. The first two images that I had taken were when I first set up the two lights, the bottom two images were when I changed the lighting and the settings on the camera. I particularly like the third image as I feel this was what I was looking to create as it had the shadow in it. This appeals to me as I would like to create an image that looks as though the model is on the catwalk and has just emerged from backstage, by creating this shadow in the background this represents the lights that would be at the show and the pose of the model causes the image to look as though the photographer is to the side of the runway which again was what I was looking to create. Although the model is a male and has obviously not had any makeup or styling for my Chanel inspired looks, this was a very good thing for me to do as now I am aware of exactly how I will set up the lights and the camera for my actual catwalk shoot and therefore, hopefully the shoot will go a little more smoothly next time. I feel as though I am now more prepared for my shoots and I will be able to concentrate and focus on the makeup rather than worrying about having to play around with the lighting and the poses as this was holding me back previously and causing me to become frustrated and panicked about achieving the right images and outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment