Friday 18 March 2016

techincal file: Timed assessment.




Here are the final images taken from my timed assessment. The look I tried to achieve was a coral lip stain with a sliver eye shadow, I have then finished the look off with a turquoise liner under the eye. I feel that the liner is very fitting with SS16 trends that I have seen on the catwalk and although the colour is not the same blue that was seen in the Chanel SS16 show I feel that this look could pass as something that would be seen on a Chanel catwalk. This is because the skin is very natural looking, there has been no contouring, simply a flush of pink to the cheeks and the silver/glitter is something that has already been used in a Chanel show, except it was placed under the eye instead of on the eyelid. In terms of the hair I have gone for a slick pony tail, I feel that this is also a very big SS16 trend and would fit with the Chanel SS16 show as it was featured around an airline, which had a futuristic theme to it. 
Elements I would say were successful with my look would be the skin, I like the flush of pink and the coral lips as I think these are very subtle and do not take away from the liner. Furthermore I also feel the makeup does not take away from the hair. 
Elements that I would say I didn't like would be the fact that the skin looks a little dewy on camera, I would have liked to have set it a bit more if this is what it looks like in photos. Looking back now I wish I would have made the colour of the liner a little more blue, as this would have portrayed the Chanel SS16 show better. I would have liked to have captured a picture with the eyes closed in order to see the sliver as it looks a little washed out and pointless in these images. 
I feel that when it comes to shooting my actual images for my catwalk looks I will change a few details, this being the liner and the eyeshadow. I aim to keep the hair the same, however I may add an accessory to it. However I will be keeping the skin the same throughout both looks. The timed assessment has given me the tools I need to improve the outcome of my final catwalk looks, this is because I now know I will need to apply the colour more intensely for a better pay off and that I will set the makeup more. This has also given me an insight into the elements that need changing in order to achieve the best Chanel catwalk looks.

PRODUCT LIST AND TOOLS FOR CATWALK LOOK.
Products for makeup:
·      Cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
·      Maybelline baby skin primer
·      Rimmel Stay Matte primer
·      Foundation (MAC studio fix)
·      Illamasqua skin base
·      MAC fix+
·      Morphe concealer palette
·      Rimmel stay matte setting powder
·      Laura Mercier loose translucent powder
·      Revolution blush palette
·      Revolution eye shadow palette (blue, silver, nude, coral and brown will be used)
·      Mascara
·      Glitter

Tools for makeup:
·      Zoeva brush belt and brushes
·      Sponges/beauty blenders
·      Cape to stop products dropping
·      Headband to stop products getting in hair

Products for hair:
·      Water spray
·      Hair spray
·      Shine spray

Tools for hair:
·      Denman brush
·      Sectioning comb
·      Hair clips
·      Hair band


Directions for application of makeup:
1.     Begin by asking if the client has any allergies.
2.     Use a cleanser/makeup remover to go over the skin, this will remove any remaining makeup they already have on so that you have a blank canvas to work on.
3.     Take a look at the skin type, do they have oily or dry skin? This is useful to know so that you are able to use the best primer.
4.     Next tone the skin, this will remove any oil on the skin.
5.     Moisturise the skin.
6.     Choose a primer that fits with the look you are going for or the persons skin type, for this look I wanted matte skin, therefore chose to use a mattifying primer.
7.     Find the foundation that matches the persons skin tone, in this case I had to mix a foundation with skin base to make it lighter.
8.     Apply the foundation, making sure you cover anywhere that is likely to be in the photograph, in this case the ears and neck.
9.     Blend the foundation so it looks seamless.
10. Take the concealer and apply under the eyes and over any blemishes, the concealer should not be too light and should disappear into the skin yet still hide and dark spots and blemishes.
11. Using a sponge dab the loose powder under the eyes being careful not to make it look cakey, this sets the concealer.
12. Taking the Stay Matte powder, take another sponge and dab over the face, again do not apply to much as it is only to make the makeup stay in place.
13. Take the blush palette and bad a little onto the apples of the cheeks to give the face a flush of colour.
14. Take the nude eye shadow and apply all over the eye socket and up to the brow bone.
15. Next take the silver and apply this to the eyelid.
16. Take a darker silver and apply this to the crease of the eye.
17. Wet a brush with Fix+ and dab the glitter onto the eyelid.
18.  Take a blue shadow and mix with some water, this will change the consistency to be like a liner.
19. Apply this under the eyes and outwards into a gentle flick.
20. Take the brown colour and brush through the eyebrows, however keep it looking natural.
21. Apply a gentle touch of mascara to the eyelashes.

Process of application of hair:
1.     Begin by straightening the hair.
2.     Next take a small section from the top of the head and clip out of place.
3.     Using the remaining hair brush into a tight pony tail and secure with a hair band.
4.     With the section left over, begin by back combing it slightly.
5.     Then brush it to fit with the tight pony tail.
6.     Next wrap it around the hair band, covering it.
7.     Secure this with hair clips.
8.     Finish off with hair spray and shine spray.


Health and safety notes:
·      Make sure you wash your hands before you start
·      Place a cape on your client to avoid products dropping
·      When using heat tools be careful not to burn them
·      Make sure they are comfortable
·      Take consultation notes



No comments:

Post a Comment