Saturday 26 March 2016

Test shoot for my Chanel SS16 Catwalk looks

This week I have decided to do a test shoot for one of my catwalk looks. This was because I wanted to test the lighting and see if I could get the makeup to show up better on camera as this was something that I found was lacking from my timed assessment. Here are my favourite images from this test shoot.




Originally this was going to be my final shoot however when I was looking back at the images I has taken I did not like many of them. I felt that overall they looked very amateur and the lighting was a little off on them. I am finding this element of the brief a little difficult as I find the images always look as though I have simply done some makeup and then sat the model down, however this is what most catwalk images look like when they are focusing on the makeup. A lot of the time the images will be backstage and will simply be a close up picture of the model face on. I think it will be simple enough to achieve this sort of image, however I definitely need to work on the lighting in order to achieve the best images. Going forward from this I plan to do another shoot and will use a black background and better lighting as this I think will give my images that professional feel that these are lacking. In terms of the makeup I think this can be refined. The skin still looks a little off and I think this is maybe due to the lighting but also the fact that I would have liked the skin to have been more matte. The blush I used seemed to be matte, however now I am thinking that it could have had a sparkle to it which could also be adding to the problem. Finally I do not like the eyebrows in this look, I feel as though they look a little too dark and next time I will not apply anything to the brows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment